Bundeep Singh Rangar commenting on the government ban of 500 and 1,000 rupee bank notes.
27 January 2016, London and Delhi: Oracle Capital Group, the global independent multi-family office and wealth management company, has signed a memorandum of understanding to form a Joint Venture with IndusView UK Limited, the London-based India advisory firm, and reputed financial services professional Rudra Dalmia to establish their presence in the Indian market.
- The Indian retail industry has experienced tremendous growth over the last decade with a significant shift towards organised retailing format and development taking place not just in major cities and metros, but also in Tier II and Tier III cities.
- The overall retail market in India is likely to reach $792.84 billion by 2017.
- The Indian retail market, currently estimated at around $490 billion, is project to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6% to reach $865 billion by 2023.
- Food and grocery is the largest category within the retail sector with 60% share followed by the apparel and mobile segment.
- Organised retail, which constituted 7%t of total retail in 2011–2012 is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 24% and attain 10.2% share of total retail by 2016–2017.
- India has about one million online retailers – small and large – which sell their products through various e-commerce portals.
- The online retail industry in the country touched $12.6 billion in 2013, according to a recent report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- The foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows in single-brand retail trading during the period April 2000 – March 2014 stood at $106.66 million.